Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Amigurumi critters!


Craft project this summer holidays was to learn how to make amigurumi! It started with sis needing to learn a craft for her NYAA project. I was bored and I had wool, so the two of us started hunting down all the free amigurumi and crochet patterns online, and began slowly amassing an amigurumi army...

Teru teru bozu! Aka 晴天娃娃 - traditional japanese amulet hung outside windows to bring sunshine and fair weather (^-^)

Random mug of coffee

Mr. Chic
Combined two amigurumi patterns for this critter. It suddenly popped into my mind that I wanted a bird with a moustache and a top hat, so after completing the bird I sourced around for a top hat pattern that could fit. The moustache was cut from felt and sewn on. The eyes were french-knotted (so complicated I had to watch the youtube tutorial several times).

Little pink flower fairy!
By far the most complicated; there were so many parts to her and I had to learn different kinds of crochet stitches to get her arms and legs right. The hair took quite a while too; I didn't want her to have any bald spots. My mum unkindly said that she looks a little retarded 'cause her eyes are too widely spaced apart and I have to agree. But she's still a darling.

Onigiri!
This was actually the first amigurumi I tried my hand at, but the poor onigiri actually turned out more round than triangular, and I had to try and mould it into shape with my hands (-_-")

Teru teru bozu and flower fairy say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment